Have you ever been promised something but the person giving you the promise failed to keep his or her word?
Maybe you have made a promise to someone but failed to keep it.
There are some promises, however, that have been kept. Here are just a few.
Ten Promises That Have Not Been Broken
- God promised Adam and Eve that a Redeemer would come who would take away their sin. That Redeemer came.
- God promised Abraham that He (God) would provide Himself a sacrifice for sin, and He did.
- God revealed to Noah that a worldwide flood was coming on the earth. He told Noah to build an ark and his household would be saved. Noah obeyed.
God kept His word and sent the flood.
- God promised the children of Israel that they would be delivered from Egypt’s bondage after 400 years passed. He kept His promise and delivered them.
- God promised Hannah a son. She had Samuel.
- God promised King David that his son Solomon would sit on his throne. He did.
- When Israel sinned against God, God said they would go into captivity for 70 years, but afterward He would deliver them. When 70 years were ended, they were given their freedom by King Cyrus.
- God promised a virgin would conceive and bear a son who would be called Emmanuel, the Saviour of the world. God kept His promise.
Jesus was called Emmanuel, and He became the Saviour of the world.
- God promised He would pay our sin debt by dying on a cross, but He would rise again the third day. He did.
- Jesus has promised to forgive those who will come to Him believing and admitting their sinful conditions, willing to repent of their sins, and asking for His forgiveness; and He will.
The Promise to Come
God promised He would come again and take those who believe on Him to Heaven to be with Him forever; and He will.
Will You Be Left Behind?
What if the rapture were to take place today? Would you be prepared?
There is only one way to go to heaven. That is through the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
The return of Christ for His own is a promise that will not be broken.
God has not failed to keep any of His promises. He will not fail to keep the promise of His soon return. I pray you are prepared to meet Him. If not, please ask Him to come into your heart today. I would love to hear about it.
©2017 by Peggy Clark
Join in the conversation:
- How does it make you feel when someone breaks a promise?
- Have you ever broken your promise?
- Is it wise for us to promise anything unless we know we can follow through with that promise?
- Have broken promises kept you from believing in others?
- Christ never breaks His promises. He will forgive when we do our part of asking and being willing to repent. Will you trust Him to keep His Word?
Can you number the events of the rapture in order?
I Thessalonians 4:16-17
___________ The Lord will appear in the clouds.
___________ The saints begin their endless existence with the Lord.
___________ The trump of God will also sound.
___________ The voice of the archangel will sound.
___________ The dead in Christ will rise.
___________ The Lord will give a great shout.
___________ The living saints will be changed and raptured.